The King of the Golden River
by John Ruskin
Description: A fairy tale of what happened to two men who tried to get rich in evil ways and of how the fortune they sought came to their younger brother, whose kind and loving heart prompted him to right action. Widely regarded as a masterpiece of 19th century stories for children. Includes four black and white illustrations by Maria L. Kirk.
Purchase book at Amazon
Add print book to cart
Add ebook to cart
Table of Contents
1. How the Agricultural System of the Black Brothers Was Interfered With by Southwest Wind, Esquire
2. Of the Proceedings of the Three Brothers after a Visit of the Southwest Wind, Esquire; and How Little Gluck Had an Interview with the King of the Golden River
3. How Mr. Hans Set Off on an Expedition to the Golden River, and How He Prospered Therein
4. How Mr. Schwartz Set Off on an Expedition to the Golden River, and How He Prospered Therein
5. How Little Gluck Set Off on an Expedition to the Golden River, and How He Prospered Therein; with Other Matters of Interest
6. Dame Wiggins of Lee and Her Seven Wonderful Cats
An Inside View...