The Jumblies and Other Nonsense Verses
by Edward Lear
Description: Take a journey into nonsense-land, where the Jumblies sail off in sieve, a pig serves as a parson, and an elderly gentleman's wardrobe can get . . . mighty strange (hint: a coat made of pancakes is involved). Lear's delightfully zany verse, and Leslie Brooke's cheery illustrations are likely to light sizable twinkles in one's eyes. Note (from experience): readers should not be surprised if they find themselves wandering the house murmuring favorite lines under their breath.
Add ebook to cart
Table of Contents
1. The Jumblies
2. The Owl and the Pussy-Cat
3. The Broom, the Shovel, the Poker, and the Tongs
4. The Duck and the Kangaroo
5. The Cummerbund
6. The Dong with a Luminous Nose
7. The New Vestments
8. Calico Pie
9. The Courtship of the Yonghy-Bonghy-Bo
10. Incidents in the Life of My Uncle Arly
An Inside View...